Friday, November 11, 2011

HoLLa: Update on Life vol. 7


just sharing some photos from the week…
we have had the strangest weather here in new england…
snow one week, 70 degree weather the next, and always a rain shower in between…








i also finished jillian michaels 30 day shred on tuesday. i did it for 30 days consequetively with no days off & upped my level every 10 days. it was indeed a challenge but has really changed my entire outlook on my weight loss journey.
i only lost about 4.4 lbs in the 30 days but i lost 13.5 inches all over so i am highly impressed with that!
i started ripped in 30 on wednesday & am fully committed to daily movement/exercise.

i saw the new therapist – liked her a lot & she encouraged me to give the other gal a shot.
okay okay…
she thinks i am on the right meds & that i am not bi-polar (
coulda told ya that) & that i probably had post-partum after skylar that escalated into a full blow depression for two+ long torturous years.
obviously i have had bouts of depression – or funks as i always called them – but nothing like this past one. i just couldn’t dig myself out; hence why i sought help.
so i am staying on the same meds & i will flip-flop between the two therapists every other week. i am willing to see how it works out & am still keeping an open mind.

i feel better both mentally & physically than i have since my early 30s & that makes me a wee bit sad to admit – but it’s true.
if i have learned one thing from this it is this – do not doubt yourself; if you don’t feel *right* get help. once you dig yourself out & things become so clear you will realize that you were right all along & wasted too much time trying to tell yourself that you will feel better tomorrow.
depression sucks but it can be helped!

and there ya have it dear bloggy peeps!
♥cyn♥

wanna know more about my weight loss journey, weight watchers, 30 day shred, and/or my quest to complete jillian michaels ripped in 30?
check out my diet blog --
misadventures of a chunky goddess.

3 comments:

  1. Great pics! Glad to see you're feeling better. You have a nice med- exercise cocktail going on. I hope things keep getting better for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore that first picture! SO cute!

    and I can tell a HUGE difference in the before and after pictures (not that I think that you looked bad to begin with-but that you can tell you have worked really hard!) I think I might just need to get that to get this post baby body back in shape ;) (I hate to admit this, but I only weigh 4lbs more than I did when I got pregnant, so I can wear almost all of my pre-preggo clothes, BUT I'm pretty sure my hips gained about 6 inches in width and I'd like them to go BACK!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your before and after pics....look at that gorgeous, beaming smile!
    And I'm happy to hear that you're being heard by your doctor! Listening to your body when it it desperately calling for you to hear it is good advice!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...