Thursday, March 10, 2011

♥crock-pot-lovin♥

It’s no secret that I love my slow cooker!
Here is my latest crock-pot adventure in something new I hope to feature here on a regular/semi-regular basis!
♥crock-pot-lovin♥



I found the following recipe
here -- they have tons of really great and EASY slow cooker recipes!
Gotta ♥ that!





Easy Pepper Jack Chicken
Easy cheesy chicken with pepper jack cheese soup and a little salsa, along with pepper strips.
Ingredients:
•4 to 6 chicken breasts, boneless, without skin
•bell pepper strips
•1 can Fiesta Nacho Soup
•1/2 cup chunky salsa
Preparation:
Combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, until chicken is tender. Serves 4 to 6.
Serve with Mexican style rice, macaroni and cheese, or plain hot cooked rice.






This recipe is so easy it should be a sin!
And it’s super delish – especially if you love Mexican like we do. And wicked filling – a MAJOR plus when trying to feed my brood! We all agreed that it is very reminiscent of chicken enchiladas. As someone who usually makes the enchiladas – this technique is SO much easier.
I served it with white minute rice and chopped green onions and some finely shredded cheddar cheese for a garnish.




The only changes I made to the recipe was that I doubled the sauce ingredients to compensate for using eight boneless breasts. I also added a can of black beans and thickened the sauce (it was a bit too soupy for my taste) with a slurry mixture of cold water and flour.
We had more than enough to eat and I am betting this dish is better the next day as leftovers than freshly made – we shall find out tomorrow!


♥cyn♥

1 comment:

  1. I love crock pot recipes! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...