Sunday, March 27, 2011

HoLLa: Weight Loss Update


Holla!


I should have made this post Friday… but alas we are in the midst of *Easter Season* at work (I work in retail photography) and are completely SLAMMED! My bank account is beyond happy but the long hours and not seeing my family ALL weekend really for a lack of a better word – SUCKS! Such is life, aye?

Anywho… Here we are at the beginning of WEEK FIVE – WoWie!

So to update: I had my worst week to date – and honestly it wasn’t a bad week, just not as good as the previous four. Kinda typical for me – I have four or five good weeks then I slack. But sometimes I need a slack to smack me back into reality. I only made it to the gym three times this past week and I did the bare minimum even when I was there. I have no one to blame but myself – because I had the time and chose to be lackluster about my workouts.

Boo hiss @ ME!

Added to the fact that good ol’ Mother Nature is up to no good in the form of WICKED PMS – and well, the scale reflected it perfectly.

I was up 2 lbs. this week.

Honestly, I was almost expecting worse.

I am not saying that I am happy with a 2lb. gain but considering the amounts of chocolate I consumed to ease my PMS – it could have been UGLY! But it goes to show that if I hadn’t gone to the gym even those three times – my gain probably would have been worse!

Bottom line: I know better. I can do better. I WILL do better!

Like I said… sometimes I need a dose of reality to get me in the groove when I slack. And the reality is I need to be at the gym giving it my all. I deserve an hour to do this for myself and I need to stop denying myself this time to get healthier and in shape!


In other semi-related news:


Not sure if I mentioned that my Mom has been going to the gym with me for the past couple of weeks?

Yes – my 63 year old Mom who has never been to a gym (The Jane Fonda Workout circa 1985 does NOT count!) her entire life!

She walks on the treadmill for 40 minutes and then bikes 20 minutes!

I am so proud of her!!!

She is really doing amazing on her weight loss journey!

YaY Mom!

Anywho… I shall finish this post with some startling facts that I hope motivate me this week as my goals are to make it to the gym four times and to keep my paws outta the snacks!

My 41st Birthday is a month from tomorrow!

*gulp*

Our pool is opened in less than two months!

*gulp*

Happy Sunday and I hope you all have a FANTABULOUS week!


♥cyn♥


PS… I have completed 47.7 miles on the virtual Trans American Trail and am 12.88 miles away from Glendale, VA.

Will I ever get out of VA?!?! *heh*

And I will post an updated pic in the ♥fifty-two♥ tab ASAP!

1 comment:

  1. Hi from your newest followr on the blog hop...Be proud you are doing good sounds like your Mom is proud too you know its hard to go to the gym with our daughters they usually kick our butts. Least my daughter does mine♥
    Stop by and visit any time
    http://ourcreativehands.blogspot.com
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...