Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Change is Good...


So my family (extended and maybe even my teenage sons) thinks I have lost it...
Or perhaps they think I am having some sort of mid-life crisis as I just turned 40 this past April? Maybe I am... but I can't say it's a bad thing per say. Maybe people have good mid-life crisis? Maybe some people decide to enlighten themselves and rid negativity out their lives in lieu of a motorcyle, boob job, or something one typically thinks of in regards to a mid-life crisis?

I feel better than I ever have and I say that with the utmost confidence. And my journey has JUST begun...
It's all good and I accept it for what it is.
Change scares people.
Even good change.
Thankfully Brian is supportive. His logic is basically whatever makes me happy makes him happy. Hence why I love and am marrying this man.
Speaking of marriage.
I am having second thoughts on my entire wedding *theme* and such.
My initial choices are truly lovely. Very simple and elegant. But for some reason they have never really felt right? And certainly didn't feel like a reflection on Brian and I. Simple and elegant we are not; and I mean that in the nicest way possible. That just isn't what we are all about. I can't exactly put a finger on what we are, but I certainly know what we are not.

So...
I am changing the overall *feel* of the wedding, and this change feels RIGHT. Even Brian agrees and basically he is leaving all of this stuff up to me. But when I showed him some of my ideas he agreed, it's more *us*... and I want our wedding to be about US.
We needed more va-va-voom!
Does that make sense?

This is the second marriage for us both. His first was a circus and mine was forgettable... I want neither for our wedding day.

Like me...
The wedding plans are a work in progress and one thing Brian and I FULLY agree on is that we don't want it to cause either of us or our family ANY stress. This is a celebration and I refuse to let it be any less...

There will be no bridezilla moments...
It will be beautiful...
And a day to remember for all in attendence!

Blessed Be..
♥Cyn♥


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...