Monday, September 6, 2010

My Chalice...


Ummm yeah...
So the *Family BBQ* ended up getting moved to today. Conflicting schedules... enough said. Oh well... as long as I consume some grilled food at some point over this holiday weekend I will be a happy chick!

The kids and I took a walk around 10am today.
I put Skylar, my 14 month old daughter, in her stroller and we took a nice hilly jaunt. I usually use my walks as *me time* but with Brian, my fiance', working so much this weekend... I had to make it a family event.
Even Hunter, my oldest son who turns 16 in November, joined us.
Peyton, my younger son, who turns 14 the end of this month, usually walks with me when he can. He is also utilizing the Weight Watcher plan.

Ask me how hard it is to plan meals for a family with two teenage sons who are the polar opposite where weight and appetite are concerned.
Another topic for another day...

In other news...
I found a pretty awesome silver goblet yesterday that I will be using as my chalice on my altar. I got it at Savers, which I have to admit that I pretty much loathe shopping at. Maybe its my local Savers, but I don't think they have good deals there?
But I digress...

So I spotted the chalice, the only one mind you, and it just spoke to me. I picked it up and decided I was buying it without even looking at the price. But when I flipped it over and saw the price tag of $1.99 on it... well, I knew it was mine for sure. I swear it was the best deal in the entire store and obviously placed there solely for me, and me alone!
So I now have a chalice...

As I mentioned, it is silver and in desperate need of a good polishing. But when I got it home I just felt as though I should leave it as is? I just felt like it has character and is meant to be used as it is. Of course I will wash it properly, but the tarnish makes it look loved and cherished.

I also plan on bringing it with me on Tuesday night to Goddess Group for some psychometry work that we usually do. Now that should be interesting. I am super curious to as to what my fellow goddesses pick up on it.

Oh well...
I have a salad and other various items to prepare.
Look out portobello mushrooms... here I come!

Blessed Be...
♥Cyn♥




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...