Friday, September 24, 2010

Sparks


Every once and again the planets align just so...
Or a full moon rises?
Or perhaps its just the driving force of the human will?
Whatever the case may be...
Brian and I have a little romance planned for tonight.

Wine...
Candles...
Soft Music...
No kids...
(Okay Skylar is here, but she is sleeping like, well, umm... a baby!)

♪ Love is in the air...
Everywhere you look around... ♪

Sadly we haven't gotten to truly celebrate our official engagement.
Can you even believe that?
Have three children and you won't be surprised in the least!

I was thinking today how non-traditional our life is...
All while creating a *wedding website* which in turn makes life really hard for me as it is one more thing to maintain... but SO easy for our wedding guests as everything they need to know pertaining to our wedding is all in one neat little spot. (In purple Verdana font nonetheless...)
But I digress...

Getting back to our non-traditional life...
So Brian and I meet at a nightclub that we both happened to be at with our own respective group of friends...
A mutual friend introduces us...
Sparks fly BIG time...
We never exchanged a single bit of contact info...
Yet somehow he manages to find me the very next morning on a internet dating site of all places...
(Obviously we both had profiles on there.)
He emails me...
We talk on the phone...
And we have our first *official* date that same night...
The night after we were introduced!
Basically...
We have been inseparable since!!!
A true whirlwind romance.
We couldn't get enough of one another and were so madly in love from almost the second we met!
No really... it's true!
From there things move pretty fast. Within four months we were living together and I was pregnant with Skylar!
So no... we aren't your traditional couple with a traditional love story!

If I were the betting type... I would have bet against us!
Most people in our situation would have never made it this far let alone got engaged with plans to marry within a year!
And even after all that, we still love each other like mad and those sparks still fly BIG time!
I adore him with all my heart and soul and cannot wait to be Mrs. Bertenshaw!

329 more days... or so my new *wedding website* tells me!

Blessed Be...
♥Cyn♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...