Saturday, September 4, 2010

Work in Progress...




So...
We survived Hurricane Earl. By the time he made his way to my neck of the woods, Rhode Island, he wasn't much to speak of... but he showed his fury on his journey up this way.

Now I fully respect the force of Mother Nature; I am a Southern transplant from Gulfport, Mississippi so I have seen MANY variations of inclement weather. And I know how destructive a hurricane can be. Luckily that wasn't the case with Earl, but I give him his due respect nonetheless. He deserves it!

Last night I began the process of constructing my Book of Shadows, which is a tool used for Pagan worship. Like its title suggests, it is in fact a book, a journal even if you will. It's a very personal object that you build which contains your spells, written accounts of the various things you have practiced, and basically your journey into Paganism.

For anyone who knows me... right up my alley.
Words cannot describe how excited I am to compose this particular object. Matter of fact, it is probably running a very close second to constructing my altar; which is still a work in progress. Both items are so very personal, a reflection of who you are in balance with Pagan beliefs.

This past Thursday night I took a workshop on how to properly construct your altar and it was so amazingly informative. I had my makeshift altar... okay let me rephrase... my *designated area of worship*... and now I know exactly how it should be constructed. I use that basis, add my own personal touches, and viola... I will have a proper altar that speaks to and about me. I am slowly compiling all the various tools (cauldron, pentacle, bells, candles, etc.) that I need to make my altar appropriate... but as previously stated, it is a work in progress. I cannot wait until the day I have it completed and can actually consecrate it and begin my spell work.

It makes me smile from ear to ear just thinking about it.

I am actually contemplating dabbling into some sort of spell this evening. Maybe a simple wish spell? My altar isn't exactly where I want it to be, but I feel ready to step foot down this path.

Of course I will make a detailed record of what I do and its results.

Also on my list of things to do... WALK!
I walk/jog (wog?) five days a week averaging about 15-25 miles a week depending on how motivated I am. This previous week, ummm yeah not so motivated. I can attribute (aka make excuses) to a couple of things; PMS, heat wave, kids starting school. But truth is... I just didn't incite myself to do it.

As Nike says; JUST DO IT!
Who knew Nike was so profound???

At the end of the day, you only have you to blame for what you did or didn't do. Sure there are obstacles and situations that arise, but ultimately, your path is YOUR path. You choose the direction and pace.

So today I choose to make myself and exercise a priority.
My body...
Health...
Self-esteem...
And my vanity deserve it!

Blessed Be...
♥Cyn♥




P.S.


If you hear of some phenomenon or strange happenings in Rhode Island... you know exactly which fledgling witch/goddess to blame!


*wink*



















No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...