Saturday, May 14, 2011

HoLLa: Weight Loss Update


Week 11/52

HoLLa!
Well it’s been a pretty good week. I was up .2 – I love that my brandy-new scale measures this precise – just wish it was in my favor.

Oh well – in my mind – it’s like staying the same. Which is always better than a gain but ack!
I want to see results dammit!

But I have no one to blame but myself. Diet wise – I did good. I watched my portions, I still haven’t eaten meat (Monday makes a month as a vegetarian!), and other than some paneer cheese at the Indian restaurant for our Anniversary I haven’t had dairy either.


Gym wise – well, this is where I think I faultered. I did make it to the gym three times this past week, which of course is better than no times, but I gave a minimal workout each time. I wasn’t motivated and basically had a *get in and get out* attitude.
And ummm – the scale totally reflected that.
As I have said before; sometimes I need a kick in the pants to get me back on track.
But it frustrates me – I am in a crunch.
I am getting married in less than four months and I have a dress to get into! I know this and I cannot help but wonder how I can ever NOT be motivated?
*breathe in*
*breathe out*

In Other Non-Diet News:

Hunter, my 16 year old son, got fitted for his tux for his Junior Prom (his first prom) which is this coming Friday.
*breathe in*
*breathe out*
We also ordered the presentation bouquet (corsages are a thing of the past) for his date.
I am hoping I won’t embarrass my son by crying. (Mental note: wear sunglasses.) I want photos of him and all his friends naturally. Just a few – thousand! Ha!
I just cannot believe my baby is going to prom…

Skylar turns 23 months old today – wowie!
I just finished the invitations for her birthday party for June 11th – a Cinderalla party I might add. It seems unbelievable. I truly wish time would slow down just a wee bit!

Work has been really slow – but it’s been nice being home again more and Brian has been working more so it all evens out.
My dream is to someday work for myself on my own terms and on my own timeframe. But isn’t that just about everyone’s dream nowadays?

Usually I love saying *I told you so…* (especially to my teenage sons – ha!). But recent events involving a good friend and someone else; whom I have just never liked for no good reason other than just a gut feeling that she is not who she tries so hard to appear to be, came to a head – I just didn’t feel right in being right.
I don’t understand the justification some people feel in defaming someone’s character? That to me is hardcore and you better be 100% correct before *going there*.
There is a part of me that wants to put up my dukes and have it out with this individual because she hurt my friend and NO ONE hurts my friends – especially this particular friend. But I am a firm believer in karma and justice will be served by this mighty Universe. Plus you just cannot argue with crazy.

And that is all that is fit to be told…
♥cyn♥

Oh yeah – I have done 96.6 mi on The Virual Trans American Trail which puts me exactly in Ashland , VA -- Hanover County!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! What an update! :) Well, one encouraging this I can say is I've always been told to measure yourself instead of weigh yourself because of water weight. Also, muscle weighs more than fat, so don't let the scale fool you! LOL@"wear sunglasses", sounds like a plan. Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you! I don't go to a gym though, I got the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred which I definitely feel the next day. Ouch. I wrote about it on my blog if you're interested.

    Best of luck to you - just hang in there you can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm a new follower! Karma does come around!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That whole weight loss thing...I can make you feel better...I gained 2lbs in 2 weeks :) (yes, being pregnant does help!) BUT, I was told I should be exercising more and well...you made it to the gym 3 times more than I did last week, even if you fee like you didn't give it your all. I'm proud! If I could get ONCE I'd be ecstatic!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...