Or Tuesday if you are a day late like myself… *whoops*!
I blame Blogger and myself – seriously, how does a site like this go *down* for days??? And I swear it still isn’t working correctly? I can’t log in correctly – anyone else???
Anywho – the motivation is need – although I am doing so much better this week in regards to the gym. I made a commitment to not just show up but to make the work outs count – and thus far they have! And no complaining! Yeah, it’s hard, and I feel like I have been run over by a truck when all is said and done – but in the words of John Cougar Mellancamp – Hurt So Good!
Yesterday made a month as a vegetarian – and no, I did not cheat! Not once, not even a little taste, not even close to cheating! It is definitely one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself – a close second to my decision to quit smoking 2+ years ago!
But yay for me and my month as a vegetarian/vegan!
To summarize my experience; I made this list, which I will add to as I see fit.
Things I have learned since choosing a vegetarian/vegan lifestyle…
1. It’s way cheaper to eat processed, unhealthy foods – no wonder why a good portion of Americans are overweight and/or sick.
2. There is ALWAYS a vegetarian option when going out to eat – and most restaurants are VERY accomidating to any *special* orders.
3. People are very curious about vegetarianism/veganism. They wanna know what I eat and if it’s been hard converting and most always the next words out of their mouths are “I could never…”
4. Cutting out meat was MUCH easier than eliminating dairy – I admit that I miss cheese!
5. Becoming a vegetarian has made me very conscious of every single morsel of food that enters my body – and that just cannot be a bad thing…
6. I feel insanely good – way more energy and I never feel that bloated icky feeling anymore – go figure!
I am super-psyched to see Forks Over Knives -- a film that examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting our present menu of animal-based and processed foods.
I know it’s not for everyone – and only in limited release – but it looks powerful. Plus I love a great documentary.
Check out the link, Google it, follow them on Facebook – whatever floats ya boat – but it definitely deserves a peek!
I shall end on a GREAT note – a little summary (in photos) of what Miss Skylar has been up to. I have felt SO much happier being home with her more – alas; why can’t I just win Powerball and be a SAHM!?!?!
*Full moon tonight and we have a special *Thanks to Mother Earth* Circle planned tonight for Goddess Group. I can definitely use some SUPER DUPER full moon positive energy and Goddess Goodness tonight!*