Saturday, October 9, 2010

Intentions...


I blog on the Weight Watcher site as well...
Yeah, two blogs, who the heck has the time?
Hence why there is so little written word on this one.
But not like anyone is reading. As of this post, still no followers?
I contemplate merging... I wonder if any the readers from WW would read here instead???
Hmmmm....?
But I digress...


Anywho, I wrote this today and it is one of the most introspective things I have written on that particular blog, so I felt it deserved a spot here as well.
So here it is...


Day 71:

I am relatively new to Paganism.
Well, new to giving my beliefs a *title* that is...
Technicalities aside, what I am trying to say is that I am Pagan and proud to be on its path!
With that being said, one of the first things I learned in regards to practical magick is proclaiming your intent. You can never assume that the Powers That Be (which ever God, Goddess, deity or power of the universe you pray to) know what you hope to achieve or want. Hence why being distinctly clear on what you are trying to obtain by performing certain spells, practices, rituals, whatever the case may be, need to be made known beforehand.

Just last night while attending my Herbal Magick and Healing class (AWESOME I might add!) I heard a story of a woman who inadvertedly *banished her money* in the midst of performing a prosperity spell. She ultimately remedied her mistake, but had she been clear of her intent... it would have never happened.

All of this talk of intent got me to thinking...
Whether you are Pagan or not... no one can doubt the power of intentions. We all have them; especially those of us on this journey. But are your intentions clear? Have you taken the time to really declare what it is that you want from all of this? Obviously we all are here to lose weight... that is a given. But is to say "I want to lose weight." distinct enough? I cannot help but intertwine my Pagan beliefs into every aspect of my life and in doing so, I am beginning to think that I have not made my intentions known!

So...
Let me be clear...
Here is my distinct intent in regards to my WW Journey:

~ I want to lose weight: specifically a total of 82 lbs. (I was 232lbs. months before actually starting WW) to reach my goal weight of 150 which I will maintain by staying OP, exercising regularly, and continuing to attend my weekly meetings!
~ I want to gain health: specifically to be the healthiest parent I can be in order to watch ALL of my children grow up and live their lives and to look and feel younger than my actual age!
~ I want to run: specifically the Rock 'n Roll half-marathon that will be held in Providence, Rhode Island on August 7, 2011.
~ I want to look my absolute best on my wedding day: specifically at my goal weight and in a beautiful dress that perfectly reflects my sense of style and my GORGEOUS purple shoes that I adore so very much. And when I walk down the aisle to the man I love, I want to take his breath away.

Those are my intentions...
And they are now known.

Blessed Be...
♥Cyn♥

Our actions are the results of our intentions and our intelligence.
E. Stanley Jones

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...