Monday, September 26, 2011
HoLLa: Update on Life vol. 5
Happy Monday Blogdom!
So it’s been a few days since I wrote on here – been really busy with life, the whole weight watcher/gym thing, having margaritas, spending an entire day bickering/brawling with Bri (grrrrr!), being a mommy to a ridiculously energetic two year old and two teenagers & all while being completely fabulous (snicker).
Cause that’s how I roll ya know…
Okay I gotta few questions to toss out there…
1. Why is that there are xmas trees in Walmart already? Saw them with my own eyes yesterday. Skylar thought they were wonderous – I nearly puked.
2. Why do you always run into someone you haven’t seen in a bazillion years that one time you decide to make a quick dash to pick up milk looking like medusa in ratty(ish) yoga pants & flip flops?
3. Why do some people always seem to look a gift horse in the mouth? Seriously – you are being given something out of the kindness of someone’s heart & you are going to question and critique it? Ah-friggen-may-zing!
4. Why do *old* people feel compelled to show me their bodily issues? I love my grandmother – but I do NOT need to see that *foot thing* you got going on. Wish I was making this one up. Ew!
5. Why do some people not realize that their child is a menace to society and it is not a phase? You have possible serial killer on your hands & it should be addressed.
6. And finally… why is it that some people do not realize that the problem is them? If your family, friends, and co-workers ALL have issue with you – I am guessing it is you?
Any insight is greatly appreciated!
So a little boo-boo update:
Skylar vs. bannister – bannister wins!
Then it progressed to this…
Swollen & freakin’ me out because she actually look different. :)
Then a nice bruise… if bruises are your thing and all?
Finally this is where we are at today.
SO much better. Swelling gone – leaving a nice yellowish bruise.
But still a very sore subject. If I ask her what happened she does this weird eye blinky thing and then makes a fake cry. Obviously she just cannot speak of such things…
So to end on a good note: I start tarot class with Angela @ her shop this week!!!!OMGosh so excited.
I have been wanting to take this class since early this year – just with my job & life it never worked out. But now it does and I am making it a priority.
May sound silly to some? But I have always wanted to really learn how to read cards!
And finally – I think I am finally ready to have my tubes tied. We know we don’t want to have more babies – but choosing not to and being physically unable has been something I have oddly struggled with? I have been two times since Skylar was born to see my ob/gyn (a peach of a woman) about it and both times she told me I wasn’t ready.
I am ready now and with being out of work and Skylar not being quite so dependent on me – the time is right.
I am a bit leery about the procedure and all – any input out there?
Time to seize the day – we have had incredible weather here the past week or so – which is rumored to end this coming weekend. Gonna take Miss Sky outside and maybe to the park?