Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Goddess Gifts...




Tonight is our Yule Celebration and Full Moon Open Circle for The Goddess Group and these are the homemade painted glass ornaments I made for my fellow Goddesses!


So easy to make too...

  1. Just take a clear glass ornament in the size of your choice...
  2. Pour any color combination (I recommend at least three colors) acrylic paint INSIDE the glass ornament and swirl -- trying to cover as much of the inside of the ornament as you can...
  3. This tends to take a decent amount of paint so don't be stingey!
  4. Then place the ornament upside down over an appropriate sized paper cup for the remaining paint to drip out and allow this to drip at least 8-12 hours...
  5. Once the paint is completely dripped out of the cup stand the ornament right side up and allow to fully dry another 8-12 hours...
  6. Place the metal cover and decorate to your liking...
  7. VIOLA -- a very easy one-of-a-kind homemade ornament!

I made some dark and some light to symbolize the Winter Solstice...

Dark is for tonight being the longest night of the year...
And light for the returning of the light...
Purple, well because I LOVE purple and it is a goddess-esque color!


These are the little personalized tags I made and printed on my computer...




The wrapped finished product...



Domestic Witch I am not...
But I am pretty proud of my homemade -- made from the heart and soul -- gifts!




And this is the one I kept for myself to hand down to my daughter -- the littlest Goddess -- someday...




Yule Blessings...
♥Cyn♥


6 comments:

  1. Cyn, those are gorgeous! Your fellow goddesses are going to love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the ornaments. The colors are great. My friend & made some a few years back, it was so much fun. Take care ~Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love making those ornaments. Thanks for reminding me. I especially like the dark ones. Very pretty with the silver sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kim -- Thanks! I haven't made these in years and I just love them and how unique each and every one is!

    Mia -- Thanks, yeah I kinda forgot about them too... *heh*! And I prefer the dark ones too!

    xxoo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely gorgeous ornaments! I know what just about everybody is getting next year in their favorite colors! What a great idea.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...