Saturday, February 5, 2011

30 MORE Days of Blogging -- Day 18


Day 18 – A charity or a cause you support and why

This is a very personal subject for me and honestly something I am not forthcoming about for various reasons – some valid and some out of pure shame.
I work on that shame daily – because the shame is what silences victims and enables the abuser.
With that being said…

I support
Elizabeth Buffam Chace Center -- a local hotline/crisis center/shelter for individuals and families affected by abuse.
I do so because I became personally involved with EBC and the wonderful counselors who work there after leaving an abusive relationship.
I do so because I believe in paying it forward and because I hope that maybe the small things I do will help someone to never be where I was or worst.

Blessed Be…
♥Cyn♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...