Tuesday, February 8, 2011

30 MORE Days of Blogging -- Day 20


Day 20 - A hobby of yours

Photography – didn’t have to think twice.


I have ALWAYS loved to take pictures since I was about age ten and got my first Kodak Instamatic camera with the block flash on top. I loved that camera and used it to take pictures of what I knew – my family, my cats, and my friends.


Hmmm… not much has changed really.


That was such a time of wonderment and discovery for me and my camera documented every step – from my cat Snowy and her litter of kittens to my 5th grade class trip to The Henry Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan.


Over time I progressed to a Kodak disc camera that I owned for about five years. I loved that camera – and I really think this is where my urge to be a bit more artistic with it came into play! It was so easy to use and actually took really nice pictures. They stopped making that camera and the discs in the mid-late 1980’s and I can distinctly remember my Grandmother stocking up on every disc she could find and filling my Christmas stocking one year with the discs to keep me in operation for as long as possible.

*What a happy thought…*


My disc camera saw me through my freshman year on the cheerleading squad, proms, high school festivities, and a bevy of trips to scout out colleges.


I had a few other inexpensive 110 film cameras along the way but honestly I lost my desire to shoot during my late teens into my early twenties – I was just too busy running amuck and living life to actually stop and photograph it.

It wasn’t until the birth of Hunter and when I was given a REALLY nice 35mm Minolta one Christmas from my Mom that my urge to photograph was reignited. All of the pictures of Hunter and Peyton as babies, toddlers, and young boys were taken with that camera – that particular camera will always hold a special place in my heart.


I used that camera (still own it) until I bought myself my first digital camera in 2003 – a Kodak Easy Share. Digital photography brought my hobby to a whole new level – I could shoot endlessly and EDIT my own photographs!


*insert music from heaven*


I have subsequently owned another Kodak Easy Share (I carry it everywhere with me as you never know what you may encounter) and I currently own a Nikon L110 and am in the process of choosing and purchasing my first DSLR!


My hobby turned into a career in studio photography and the desire to begin my own business which I hope to have in full swing by late Spring –early Summer.


I just love photography and cannot imagine a life without it!

Blessed Be…
♥Cyn♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...